Order Entry Clerk
Department: Order Processing Department | Reports To: Order Processing Manager | Classification: Non- ExemptSummary
The Order Entry Clerk is primarily responsible for processing orders by entering data into the computer and performing the following duties.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes and creates orders by entering data into the computer from source documents and databases according to company procedures.
- Processes orders for shipment by creating a printing corresponding shipping paperwork and labels.
- Verifies accuracy in assigned orders by comparing data entered with source documents and make corrections to information entered when necessary.
- Files applicable documents to complete processing of assigned orders.
- Keeps track of received data, source documents, and work completed.
- Responds to inquiries regarding assigned orders and entered data.
- Follows departmental procedures and communicated with management, co-workers, and supervisors through electronic communication when necessary.
- Note: Other Duties may be assigned.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.Hours of Operation
The expected hours of operation for the Order Entry Clerk are dependent on employee status and assigned work schedule. Additional overtime may be needed as required by company operations.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
Highschool Diploma or equivalent, and one to two years data entry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; and Word Processing software.Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and operate a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-03-02