Department: Marketing Department | Reports To: General Manager | Classification: Non-ExemptSummary
The Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the Marketing Department. This position’s key purpose is to implement an effective marketing plan with specific emphasis on digital content.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops strategic marketing plan to meet company goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a marketing department budget.
- Coordinates market research and competitive analysis; utilizes knowledge and prepares reports as needed.
- Interacts with partners, customers, consumers, and company personnel to determine needs and create initiatives.
- Creates processes for consumer engagement, measuring effectiveness, and creating proposals to support marketing goals.
- Develops targeted advertising and social media marketing campaigns.
- Measures advertising reach and effectiveness through use of platform metrics.
- Develops and coordinates production of marketing and promotional materials and programs.
- Manages in house imaging and video content production to meet launching deadlines.
- Manages company website.
- Creates plan for development and maintenance of consistent corporate image throughout all marketing and promotional materials and product lines.
- Enhances and maintains consistent company image by construction of templates for communications formats across marketing and promotional materials and publications.
- Creates press releases as necessary.
- Implements company public relations initiatives, including but not limited to; community outreach, social media campaigns and volunteer programs.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time. This position is additionally responsible for scheduling department staff in accordance to company policies and hours of operation.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Managing People Decision making, and facilitating process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Innovation Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Project Management- Develops project plans; Coordinates and delegates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Directly supervises up five staff members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; employee performance; employee safety; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, five to ten years’ experience in Marketing, and two to five years management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as business reports and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Graphic Design Software, Database software; Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; Spreadsheet software, Analytics Software, Social Media software and Word Processing software.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-02-27