Department: Sales Department | Reports To: Sales Manager | Classification: Non- ExemptSummary
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating activities in the Marketing Department; including photography and imagery, social media, community outreach, and advertising.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and tracks department activities and projects, including analysis and reporting as directed by management.
- Coordinates image management procedures and processes by managing photography and image processing schedules, shots lists, task lists, and related SOPs.
- Assists head photographer in rendered image production.
- Assists with website review and development.
- Participates in new market research to obtain marketing information about organization products and services.
- Maintains knowledge of company products; including products codes, item numbers, price lists, dimensions, and aesthetic variables.
- Assists in maintaining image organization through online databases following company protocol.
- Executes successful marketing and advertising plans by sourcing and communicating with third party firms.
- Leads the company’s social media team in developing and executing social media strategies and plans.
- Assists in promotional writing and creating presentations; including online, photo and video.
- Makes recommendations to management in creating marketing goals and executing strategies and objectives.
- Represents the company in the highest regard within the community and business environment when involved in civic and professional organizations to further project the company name and image.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.Hours of Operation
The expected hours of operation for this position are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. Additional overtime may be needed as required by company operations.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include coordinating activities within the Marketing Department; working with management on addressing issues and resolving problems.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, and two to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Graphic Design Software, Database software; Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; Spreadsheet software, Analytics Software, Social Media software and Word Processing software.Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and operate a keyboard. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; or stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-02-27