Department: Finance Department | Reports To: Finance Manager | Classification: Non- ExemptSummary
The Logistics Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. Responsibilities include performing a variety of inventory functions.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate databases of logistics information, specifically in stock levels, item description, dimensions, pricing, and other relevant information.
- Adjusts database information as needed, including set id alterations, receiving purchase orders, transfers, and reclasses.
- Ensures partner portals are updated with accurate inventory levels from internal databases.
- Interprets data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, and forecasting.
- Provides ongoing analyses in supply chain management.
- Prepares reports on logistics performance measures and route activity.
- Confers with the inventory team to determine ways to optimize inventory management.
- Supports implementation projects to improve logistics efficiency.
- Assists with researching and tracking import compliance.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of company products, and applicable policies, processes, and procedures.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.Hours of Operation
The expected hours of operation for this position are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. Additional overtime may be needed as required by company operations.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business Administration, or related field, and four to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply complex mathematical and statistical techniques such as linear regression, and concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software, Modeling Software, Database software; Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; and Word Processing software.Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to critically analyze and comprehend complex data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and operate a keyboard. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; or stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-02-27