Human Resource Generalist
Department: Finance Department | Reports To: Human Resource Manager | Classification: Non-ExemptSummary
The Human Resource Generalist is primarily responsible for supporting all Human Resource (HR) functions, including the administration of policies and procedures, recruiting, payroll, recordkeeping, and compliance.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with federal and state legal requirements.
- Maintains employee information and enrollment in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) database.
- Coordinates with the PEO to respond to inquiries including, but not limited to, Benefits, Leave, Workers Compensation and State Unemployment Insurance (SUI).
- Communicates with managers, employees, health care professionals, and the PEO to coordinate accommodations, including but not limited to, return-to-work, light-duty, and other responses for injuries or accommodations.
- Recruits and interviews candidates; providing hiring recommendations according to company procedures.
- Coordinates hiring process, including but not limited to conducting any necessary reference checks and job specified testing; and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communication.
- Performs on-boarding for new hires.
- Coordinates employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, internal employee appreciation events, community outreach events, and other employee programs.
- Responds to management and staff inquiries regarding the company’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Performs distribution and assures employee acknowledgement of documents including but not limited to Employee Handbook, benefit enrollment, and other required employee announcements.
- Assists in performing investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations in accordance with company procedures.
- Prepares and maintains human resources and employee benefits data and reports.
- Maintains employee files and recordkeeping.
- Assures required labor law posters are in place.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Responds to potentially unsafe conditions accordingly; Ensures proper use of equipment and materials.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include working with employees and management on addressing complaints and resolving problems.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; and two to three years HR experience required.Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and hear or talk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-02-27