Department: Finance Department | Reports To: Finance Manager | Classification: Non- ExemptSummary
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating administrative activities across various company departments to assist upper level management.Core Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates interdepartmental communication.
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication between employees, management, and third party vendors.
- Schedules appointments and meetings; participating and taking notes as directed by management.
- Makes recommendations on strategies to increase coordination of operational efficiency.
- Creates and edits documents and memos.
- Updates Standard Operating Procedures, Job Descriptions, and additional documents as assigned.
- Tracks and logs management reporting, interdepartmental projects, and third party vendor punch lists.
- Coordinates travel for employees as directed.
- Performs research on a variety of interdisciplinary projects.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.Hours of Operation
The expected hours of operation for this position are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. Additional overtime may be needed as required by company operations.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include coordinating interdepartmental activities; and working with management on addressing issues and resolving problems.Qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required; two to five years additional experience preffered.Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and operate a keyboard. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; or stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Neither this document nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative is, nor should be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation, nor does it confer an contractual rights whatsoever. Atlantic Furniture adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the Company or the employee to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date Posted: 2020-02-27